OC/OS members and friends work together to support a vision of public education that is child-centered and provides all students with excellent and equitable opportunities to learn. This vision includes:
- full and fair funding
- partnerships that support families and improve communities
- reforms that enable schools and educators to do their jobs well
- increased accountability and transparency in education policymaking and programs
Join with OC/OS to make our collective voices heard. Protect educational gains and push for needed educational improvements. Fight against the false divisions among urban, suburban and rural school communities. Help ensure the best possible education for all of New Jersey’s children.
OC/OS meets monthly for updates on important issues and to plan strategies and actions. OC/OS members and friends:
- generate legislative testimony, press releases and e-newsblasts on critical education issues
- meet with legislators and other policymakers, the press and other NJ organizations
- work in coalition with the For the Many New Jersey State Budget campaign
- work across geographical and socio-economic lines to create broad campaigns in support of a "thorough and efficient" education for all children in all school districts
For more information and to become part of the OC/OS network, click here.